2013 -Sept.Egernsund DK Foto GB
Side by sid with CAROLA Sept. 2013
|Länge (London)||22,06 m|
|Länge über alles||m|
|Segelfläche||300 sqft m²|
Über das Schiff
Tärnan was built in 1913 on the Sternö shipyard in Karlskrona, for shipping boulders to Germany, hence the extra thick Hull. The buyer was Frans Ferdinan Holm, Karlshamn. In 1918 she was sold to shipowner O.E. Lundstrom. In 1922 Reinhold Holm, Höganis, bought the ship. He installed an ignitionbulb engine at 25 hp.In 1942 Erik Nestorsson, Hamburgsund, purchascd Tärnan. His first cargo was crushed pottery from Höganis to Lübeck. Then threre was coal from Poland to the south•Swedish parts. She got a new, 2 cyl. 80 hp Seffle ignitionbulb engine an Skärhamns shipyard in 1947 and was changed to galeas rig. In 1960 she was sold to John Martinsson from Hamburgsund.
Pelle Warnholtz bought Tärnan in 1966 and has since then worked to restore her to original exterior condition, including the schooner rig.
In January 2013 Tärnan was purchased by Dr. Jennifer Gidley. Tärnan is currently lying in Aeroskobing Harbour, on Aero Island, Denmark for the winter.
She has just been fully recaulked and repainted and is ready for sailing to Douarnenez in Brittany, France, in May 2014.
Quelle und mehr unter